1/28/09

355 days left

I am 39. Only one more year in my 30s. That is a lot to take in because I am not sure what to think about the forties. I know many people in their 40s and they are great but I wonder about myself. What will it look like? Are the 40s the new 30s? Because I cannot see the future and the forties...I plan to milk my last days as a thirty something for all it's worth! You see I still have a few things I want to accomplish in my "30s". A few things I "hope" for...

First I want to play Tennis. I love tennis...volleying the ball back and forth over the net. The exercise. Just don't know how to "play" or who to play with. My husband is sweet and goes with me but I know I can frustrate him. He can't hit the ball as hard and play like a guy. So I need to search for a partner or maybe take tennis lessons? We have a team in my neighborhood so I just need to contact them and start somewhere. Only 355 days left...

Next thing is that I want to learn how to sew. I want curtains and cant' find anyone to help me make them. Seems like I bother people when I mention curtains (and you all know who you are:)). I had just decided that curtains must be very difficult because everyone ducks when I mention helping me. But that is ok. I will learn. I will conquer. And I will have curtains this year. Only 355 days left...

Another thing I want to do is run a 1/2 marathon. What an accomplishment that would be especially for me because I hate to run. Love aerobics, power walking, kickboxing but not running. However I think with a little training on how to breathe correctly while running and some tips I could do it. 5K first....10K next...and then we'll see. Robin you can train me for the 5K and 10K - I need to start somewhere and you are the perfect person to push me.

Last for now and most importantly...a baby! We have been trying for years and dealing with infertility issues (though nothing specific found). We haven't given up on having a child (biologically) but are focussing our efforts on adoption. And yes time is ticking, only 355 days left.

I will be sharing more about our adoption experience with you and my story and feelings through infertility. Maybe it will help some who read this. Please pass the blog on to friends or family members you know dealing with these same issues. In the meantime...though you are not able to fulfill what I want to do or accomplish or have in the closing days of my thirties...you can partner with us in prayer regarding adoption. That would be a great support!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leslie & I can help you with the tennis. I can help with the sewing (I don't hide from drapes!) & we can start running. Go to nike.com & they have a training site where you can set a race date, put in your experience & it will give you a training schedule.